Thursday 2 April 2009

White Sea Black Sea - Jens Olof Lasthein

I got today White Sea Black Sea by Jens Olof Lasthein. Its imagery is some of the busiest I've seen as of late. Each panoramic photograph is almost a portrait, street photograph and landscape all in one. Everywhere that you look in each frame there is something going on. One photograph has four geese walking on a line in a corner and I find it over the top. It is actually so busy that by reaching the end of the book I feel bloated. It is good though the story on the change of Eastern Europe has been done before. By the way, this pretty book is going at £15 on amazon.





3 comments:

K. Praslowicz said...

Pretty cool stuff.

Work like this always makes me wonder if an xpan should be added to my to buy list.

Skye said...

Nice find, interesting use of panoramic

Anonymous said...

Amazing photographs. Thanks for the heads up, i'll look up Amazon for this book right away. I have a gift cert for a couple hundred $, might as well update my library.